The Iowa Occupational Safety and Health Advisory Council has an extensive history of community involvement in Iowa. The Council has provided academic scholarships since 1977 to deserving students attending Iowa colleges. Supporting the “next generation” of health and safety professionals is one of the core missions of the Council. The Council also works to annually acknowledge those who have made significant contributions to the health and safety of Iowas. This annual safety award was renamed the Gary Hawk Award in 1996 in honor of Gary’s contributions to both the Council as well as to the safety of working Iowans.
Finally, the volunteer members of the Council annually organize and hold the Iowa Governor’s Safety and Health Conference, where important health and safety education is provided to Iowans at an affordable price and convenient location. The members of the 2023 council are as follows:
- Larry Johnson, Jr., Labor Commissioner- Iowa Division of Labor
- Paul Richmond, Council Chair – Iowa State University Email: email@example.com
- Steven Flann, Council Co-Chair – Vermeer Corporation Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Hraha, Council Treasurer – Iowa Association of Municipal Utilities
- Alicia Thomas- Council Secretary – Cargill
- Tammi Goerdt – Past Chair- University of Iowa/Heartland Center
- Joseph Mullen- Iowa Division of Labor
- David Bougger – The Waldinger Corporation
- Rhonda Straight – The Waldinger Corporation
- Tammy Swenson – EMC Insurance
- Joe Korpi – Chevron/REG
- Steve Kieffer- Fareway Stores, Inc.
- Eric Wiechmann- Iowa Select Farms, LLP
- Ben Davis- Nationwide
- Levi James – John Deere Ottumwa Works
- Rob Archibald– Collins Aerospace
- Cristin Eichenberger– Koch Industries
- Joe Melton – Construction Safety Specialists, Inc.
For more information or questions, please contact the council at 515-725-5631 or email@example.com