Click here to download the full 2021 conference brochure.
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Registration Opens/Vendors available
1:00 pm- 1:20 pm Opening Remarks
1:20 pm – 2:20 pm Opening Conference Keynote – Chuck Long
2:20 pm – 2:50 pm Break/Vendors
2:50 pm – 3:30 pm OSHA Update – Russell Perry, Iowa OSHA
3:30 pm – 4:10 pm Developing Effective Safety Managers – Dan Deike, Waldinger Corp.
4:15 pm Vendor Reception
7:00 am – 7:45 am Breakfast
7:45 am – 8:00 am Morning Announcements
8:00 am – 9:00 am Morning Keynote: Influential Safety Leadership– Dr. Daniel Snyder
9:05 am – 10:05 am Breakout Session 1
- Proactive Fire Prevention and Control in Agriculture: Protecting Property and Preserving Human Life – Mike Keenan, CHST
- Machine Guarding – What you should know – Ryan Kelly
- Industrial Hygiene: What You’ve Wanted to Know But Were Afraid to Ask!! – Jim Withers
10:05 am – 10:35 am Vendor Break
10:35 am – 11:35 am Breakout Session 2
- You are a Safety Leader– Dave Swanson, CUSP, USOLN, Bob Hiatt, and Jared Masker
- Understanding OSHA’s 29 CFR 1910.119: An Introduction to Process Safety Management- Miguel Bermudez
- What are you looking at, Why are you looking, and How are you looking? Effective and Practical Ergonomics – Kevin Carlson, EdD11:40am
12:40 pm Lunch, Awards, Vendors
12:45 pm – 1:45 pm Breakout Session 3
- Collaborating for a Culture of Learning, Trust and Respect – Sam Reno and Patrick Murillo
- Staying Safe While Working with Grain: How to Improve Your Odds of Survival— Alan Tweeten, CPCU, ARM, ALCM
- You ok? Workplace Mental Health – Diane Rohlman, PhD
1:50 pm – 2:50 pm Breakout Session 4
- How to apply NFPA Combustible Dust Standards in Real-World Applications— Craig Froehling, Cargill, Inc. A
- Alphabet Soup: A Secret Recipe for Certification Success – Dr. Daniel Snyder
- Operator and Supervisor Requirements in ANSI A92.24 – Margret Meade
2:50 pm – 3:05 pm Vendor Break
3:05 pm – 4:05 pm Closing Keynote- Lessons Learned in Safety Management – Gary Higbee, EMBA, CSP
4:10 pm – 4:30 pm Closing Statements, New Board Positions Announcement, Drawings
Click here to see the 2019 conference brochure. 2020 conference was not held due to COVID-19.
The Iowa Occupational Safety and Health Advisory Council is exclusively dedicated to promoting and providing continuing education concerning Iowa workplace safety and health regulations and best practices.
The Iowa Governor’s Safety & Health Conference is intended for occupational safety professionals, risk managers, consultants, business executives, supervisors, occupational health nurses, workers, or anyone that may have an interest in, or impact on, workplace safety and health.