Planning for the 2022 conference agenda is currently in the works. Click here to download the 2021 conference brochure.
Tentative 2022 Conference Schedule. The final schedule will be available soon.
Tuesday, November 1st, 2022– ALL GENERAL ATTENDEE SESSIONS
- 12:00-1:00: Registration Opens/Vendors
- 1:00 – 1:20: Opening remarks by Commissioner Roberts and Honor Guard Presentation by the Polk County Sheriff’s Office
- 1:20 – 2:20: Keynote Presentation: Chad Pregracke “One Person Makes a Difference”
- 2:20 – 2:50: Vendor Break/Refreshments Only
- 2:50 – 3:30: OSHA Update- Kim Stille, OSHA Director of Enforcement Programs (tentative speaker)
- 3:30 – 4:10: Panel Discussion: The Future of Work ( panel members TBD)
- 4:15 – 6:00: Vendor Reception
Wednesday, November 2nd, 2022
- 7:45 – 8:00: Morning Announcements
- 8:00 – 9:00: Morning Keynote: Mental Health in the Workplace: Diane Rohlman, Ph.D.- University of Iowa
- 9:05 – 10:05: Breakout Session 1:
- Fall Protection: Chris Dickey- PMG
- Environmental Hazards: Dr. Larry Studt- UnityPoint Health/Occupational Medicine
- “Identifying and Overcoming the Challenges of Field vs. Plant Work”: David Bougger- The Waldinger Corporation
- 10:05 – 10:35: Vendor Break
- 10:35 – 11:35 Breakout Session 2:
- Panel Discussion: Pandemic- What’s Next?
- Hydration: What you might not know: Shawn Stasko- Sword Performance, Inc.
- “5 Electrical Hazards to Avoid”: Kurt Kozelka– Nationwide Insurance
- “Using Technology to Accelerate Your Risk Management Program”: Chris Murphy- Holmes Murphy
- 11:40 – 12:40 LUNCH/AWARDS/VENDOR
- 12:45 – 1:45: Breakout Session 3:
- Preventing MSD’s
- UFCW Union presentation
- “Not Another Boring Safety Meeting”: Sarah Allender- True North Companies and Amy Roosa-
- “How to Leverage Artificial Intelligence for Accurate and Reliable Ergonomic Assessment- Jean Robillard, Don Triggs, and Alec Diaz-Arias- Inseer
- 1:50 – 2:50: Breakout Session 4:
- Safety at Multi Contractor Sites
- “Preventing Workplace Burnout”: Nick D’Amico- Covenant Family Solutions
- “Defensive and Seasonal Driving”: Trooper Rodney Larson– Iowa State Patrol
- Developing Effective Safety Managers: Dan Deike- Waldinger Corp
- 2:50 – 3:05: Break
- 3:05 – 4:05: Closing Keynote: Getting to YES: Establishing Executive Buy-In for Safety- Gary Higbee
- 4:10 – 4:30: Closing Statements/prize drawings
The Iowa Occupational Safety and Health Advisory Council is exclusively dedicated to promoting and providing continuing education concerning Iowa workplace safety and health regulations and best practices.
The Iowa Governor’s Safety & Health Conference is intended for occupational safety professionals, risk managers, consultants, business executives, supervisors, occupational health nurses, workers, or anyone that may have an interest in, or impact on, workplace safety and health.